cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Sets window displays duplicate line entrys when scrolling.

L-3_Dave
Level 2

I have noticed this time and agian - when I scroll to the bottom of the Backup Sets window on a storage device It shows multiple entries for the same set.

see the attached screen shots.

Right click Refresh is not available.  Hitting the F5-key does nothing.  Waiting for it to refresh itself - nothing.

The only fix that I have found so far is to scroll to the top of the window - wait a few seconds, then click on the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar once wait a second or two then click it again - rinse/repeat until I get to the bottom of the screen or it fouls up again and I have to start the whole process over.

Ideas???

I would also like to be able to sort in this window!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lmosla
Level 6

Run a repair on the Backup Exec Database in BEUtility.  If this doesn't help I recommend logging a support case for log analysis and debugging. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Probably this (although not if you have SP3 or SP4 installed already)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201817

L-3_Dave
Level 2

Colin,

Thank you, but I am already on SP4 and I am still have this issue.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Ah oh, in that case, might be worth trying BE 2014 on release and then if still a problem log a formal support case.

lmosla
Level 6

Run a repair on the Backup Exec Database in BEUtility.  If this doesn't help I recommend logging a support case for log analysis and debugging. 

L-3_Dave
Level 2

Imosla - Thanks that worked. 

It is strange that this fixed the issue however it makes since since I have not take a backup of the actual backup server. I am guessing I had better set this up today and make sure I setup the SQL peice to clear logs.

Thanks Again,

Dave