cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Backup SharePoint Error since it needs SQL Server agent ?!?!?!!

Symanticus
Level 6
Hi All,

I'm having problem in backing up my SharePoint Server 2007 which is installed in one single server deployment with SQL Server 2008 as well here's the error log:

######################################################################################################################
Job ended: Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 11:00:17 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe3c - Before you can back up this resource, you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent. See Job Log for details.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65084
######################################################################################################################
Backup- MOSSDEV01.domain.comV-79-57344-65084 - Before you can back up this resource (MOSSDEV01.domain.com\MOSSDB), you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent.

For information about how to obtain a license key, go to the following URL: 
https://redirector.symantec.com?src=inpdt&pdt=be&action=t

A selection on device \\MOSSDEV01.domain.com\Shadow?Copy?Components was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\MOSSDEV01.domain.com\System?State was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

Verify Insufficient memory available.

V-79-57344-33858 - A memory allocation request failed. The computer may be running low on virtual memory.
Backup- MOSSDEV01.domain.comV-79-57344-65268 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "MOSSDEV01.domain.com\MOSSDB". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

V-79-10000-10896 - SQL Prepare for Freeze failed for snapshot.

how can this happens ?
I just want to backup my SharePoint but i have to purchase another agent for SQL Server 2008 ?

can anyone help please ?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_T
Level 6
You wont require SQL license to backup Sharepoint you will require only sharepoint license...........If you are backing up SQL instances seperately (not under sharepoint) then you will require SQL license.....

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
sharepoint database is on the sql, so if you want to backup the sharepoint database then you have to backup your sql as well to protech the server completely. Make sure you have the license for sharepoint and sql and run the backup again. 

Symanticus
Level 6
wow ?

I felt like being ripped off :| so the what does the SharePoint agent do then ?

Dev_T
Level 6
You wont require SQL license to backup Sharepoint you will require only sharepoint license...........If you are backing up SQL instances seperately (not under sharepoint) then you will require SQL license.....

Symanticus
Level 6
Thanks for the reply Dev T.

so in this case it's the broken installation or wrong selection that I made? eg. changing the default settings from the SQL Server option ?

Dev_T
Level 6

Create a new selection list selecting SharePoint Farm/ instance and run backups...

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
When you will select the sharepoin farm the  SQL instance will automatically get selected. Please read this article and it should answer it

Requirements for the SharePoint Agent
http://support.veritas.com/docs/299832

Symanticus
Level 6
thanks for your reply man....