cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Suddenly Failing With Directory No Found/Accessable?

bjblackmore
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

I have a client running Backup Exec 11d, which has been working fine for the past couple of months. However, suddenly over the weekend the backup has been failing with error: "Directory D:\ was not found, or could not be accessed." even though I can access the drives/directories manually while backup is running.

It's currently giving this error on the C: D: & G: drives, and giving an error about the VSS not having enough space, even though there is 7gb free on the C: drive, 154gb free on D:, and 60gb free on G:. I've also tested all of the resource credentials, and all pass successfully, so its not failing due to credential issues. I'm unsure what else would be causing it to fail?

Log errors:

Backup- C: OSDirectory C:\ was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \System Volume Information and its subdirectories.

Directory D:\ was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \Exchsrvr and its subdirectories.
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \SoftwareInstalls and its subdirectories.
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \WSUS and its subdirectories.

Backup- \\SERVER1\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "G:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
VSS Snapshot error. Out of disk space, or could not find an NTFS volume while creating the snapshot. Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) requires an NTFS volume with at least 100 MB of free space for each volume that will be snapped.

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
refer the following doc http://support.veritas.com/docs/332580

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

bjblackmore
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

Thanks the resolution in the second link http://support.veritas.com/docs/275969 seems to have resolved the issue.

Ben

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
couild you please mark it as resolution ....Cheers !!

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Can you please mark the solution ... Thanks !!!!

Dev_T
Level 6
Please mark it as solution giving the due credit to RahulG