cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Version Update

Kalaiarasan
Level 1

Hi All,

Now I am currently using Backup Exec 2014 in my backup Media Server, recently i have updated my File server to 2012 then i'm trying to configure the Backup Agent on it but its could not establish the Trust connection.

so that have called your support team and explained my quries, what they suggest to go for the upgradation to 16 as 2014 is no longer to support.

Now my question is if I go for this 16 update, is that will enable the trust connection because I dont want to waste my time on this updation if it wont work. So kindly revert with correct details ASAP.

1 REPLY 1

Steve-Young
Level 6
Employee

Without knowing more details you should be able to trust agent.  I will assume this a new File Server you are adding.  Typically a trust issue could be DNS or Name resolution issue or Permissions issue. The Backup Exec service account or account being used can't access the server.

It is alway best practice to be on the latest version of Backup Exec.  

if you decide to upgrade confirm all your proctected resources are supported in Backup Exec 16. Check the Software Compatibility List (SCL) for OS support.