cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup a Synology NAS

QC_Support
Level 2

Trying to backup a share on a Synology RS3617rpxs from Backup Exec 2010 R3. I have added the share to the user defined selection list and can browse the NAS through there and see the shares and see files within the shares.

The BE system account has full read/write permission on the NAS.

Every job fails with this message: The job failed with the following error: The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet. Try an alternative network interface, or allow Backup Exec to choose any available network interface.

I have verified the nas is resolvable (FQDN) and even tried using the IP address in the selection item and get the same error message.

I have been able to create a B2D device on that share on the NAS so I know permissions are working.

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

sbora
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check if the BE server has multiple network interfaces and if specific interface has been selected in Backup Exec settings. 

Try changing NDMP port on media server https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000017503 (revert this if it does not help). 

Make sure that system logon account is set as default account in Backup Exec.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If that NAS is listening on Port 10000 then this will need disabling (this happens if the NAS directly supports NDMP and you then have to disable NDMP to get a share level backup to work)