cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup a share

mghomer
Level 6

Hi all,

i have BE2010R3 running and i have mapped a TimeCapsule to the BackupServer.

Now i would like to backup this share but i can't find a way to do that.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thank you very much

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

No way to backup mapped drives at all. These are associated with a logon session and BE will not see them.

The only way to do so is to try backing up the share on the device itself via \\IP_Address\Share_Name. The BE service account needs rights to this too.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This KB can be used configuring share-level backups - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23840

Also, enable selection of user shares under tools - options - network & security.

Does the TimeCapsule support SMB/CIFS or only AFP ? If only AFP, I doubt BE will be able to detect it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

Hi,

No way to backup mapped drives at all. These are associated with a logon session and BE will not see them.

The only way to do so is to try backing up the share on the device itself via \\IP_Address\Share_Name. The BE service account needs rights to this too.

Thanks!

SSR_7767
Level 4

You may have to add a User defined selection of that share to Backup Exec to backit up.

mghomer
Level 6

thanks guys.

But how i can access the share within BE? I can't add the share in user define selection. I mean i can't add the  \\IP_Address\Share_Name but BE can't connect/find it.

Any Idea?

Thanks 

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This KB can be used configuring share-level backups - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23840

Also, enable selection of user shares under tools - options - network & security.

Does the TimeCapsule support SMB/CIFS or only AFP ? If only AFP, I doubt BE will be able to detect it.

CraigV

...you say that BE can't find it...can you browse to the share from the media server itself?

Thanks!