cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup assemblies

GPTG
Level 2

Dear colleagues!

I need your help and some solution for a problem.

I backup some folder of GAC for SharePoint Farms 2010/2013: %windir%\assembly and %windir%\microsoft.net\assembly. Everything is ok, no errors, all folders' structures are ok. But when I try to restore something for test, I see absolutely empty folders. Nothing could be restored. Backup account has Full Access permission for these folders, I've seen Effective access. VSS Writers have no errors also.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If those files should be protected by either a Sharepoint Backup (in terms of content) or a System State backup (against the files themselves) then the will be silently excluded from a file system backup (as part of Active File Exclusion)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver

If those files should be protected by either a Sharepoint Backup (in terms of content) or a System State backup (against the files themselves) then the will be silently excluded from a file system backup (as part of Active File Exclusion)

GPTG
Level 2

Thank you for the reply, but how could I check that these files are included to System State Backup? We don't use Agent for Sharepoint Farms backup and backup our farms on file level like Microsoft recommends in their Best practices. Also we use PS cmdlets for Farm backup.

Colin_Weaver

If you redirect restore the system state to a temp folder on one of the local drive letters you can then look inside the results to see what has bene restored

As an aside we will also block some files relating to the SQL database (behind)  Sharepoint) from being backed up

GPTG
Level 2

Thank you, Colin, for your explanation. I found this article and did recommended actions: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH76997

I'd got a list of writers with a lot of paths. I filtered it via Excel and found all my needed dlls are backed up in System  State.

Thank you.