cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup complete with exceptions - don't know what to do.

nikunjd05
Level 2
After the backup is complete, in the job log, I get the following:

The item E:\P6\alarms.TPS in use - skipped.
The item E:\P6\alrmctrl.tps in use - skipped.
The item E:\P6\Control.TPS in use - skipped.
The item E:\P6\history.tps in use - skipped.
The item E:\P6\log.TPS in use - skipped.
The item E:\P6\p1setup.TPS in use - skipped.
The item E:\P6\Salesman.TPS in use - skipped.
The item E:\P6\Security.tps in use - skipped.
The item E:\P6\Sec_ctrl.tps in use - skipped.
The item E:\P6\Studio.TPS in use - skipped.

The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\compaq\vcagent\vcagent.log in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macrovision\FLEXlm\SecondaryCITRIXborrow in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\Agent_CLINTONDC.log in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\Agent_CLINTONDC_error.log in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\PrdMgr_CLINTONDC.log in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\PrdMgr_CLINTONDC_error.log in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\DesktopProtection\AccessProtectionLog.txt in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\DesktopProtection\BufferOverflowProtectionLog.txt in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\DesktopProtection\OnAccessScanLog.txt in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\hsperfdata_LOCAL SERVICE\1552 in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\APC\PowerChute Business Edition\agent\data.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\APC\PowerChute Business Edition\agent\debug.txt in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\APC\PowerChute Business Edition\agent\EventLog in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\LMC\Tomcat\logs\localhost_examples_log.2010-02-10.txt in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\LMC\Tomcat\logs\localhost_log.2010-02-10.txt in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\LMC\Tomcat\logs\stderr.log in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\LMC\Tomcat\logs\stdout.log in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\LS\lmgrd_debug.log in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp\DhcpSrvLog-Wed.log in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp\tmp.edb in use - skipped.
The item \\clintondc.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\winstmp.mdb in use - skipped.

The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\store.fcl in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MAILSERVER2.log\20100211.log in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\AP0.LOG in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\BF0.LOG in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000003.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000005.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000008.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000009.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00000a.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00000b.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00000c.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00000d.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00000e.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00000f.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000010.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000011.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000012.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000013.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000014.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000015.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000016.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000017.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000018.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000019.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00001a.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00001b.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00001c.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00001d.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00001e.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db00001f.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000021.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\db000022.dat in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\DB000027.DAT in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\DBREFS in use - skipped.
The item \\mailserver2.blunck.bluncks.com\C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mtadata\EV0.LOG in use - skipped.

I am using Windows Server 2003 and Backup Exec 12.
How can I do a clean backup without any of the files skipping? Also the backup takes place at night and so there is no one at night to use any of the files.
Help please!
Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

If you are backing up Exchange, it is always to Backup Exchange Information Store in a Seperate job without AOFO and Backup up the Drives with AOFO in a seperate job so that the open files will be backed up as well.

Follow the symantec KB for to disable the Active File Exclusion feature in Backup Exec.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/259152

Hope this helps...

nikunjd05
Level 2
Thank you for the reply.

I will try the Active File Exclusion and let you know the results but before I do that, I have some more questions. I am new to Backup Exec and I am trying to learn so please excuse me if the questions are dumb.

First of all, I am not using AOFO because we don't have a license for it. I will have to talk to my supervisor into getting a license for it.
If I create a seperate job for Exchange backup without AOFO, I think it will create the same result and skip files in use. What do you think?

Thank you again.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

First of all, I am not using AOFO because we don't have a license for it. I will have to talk to my supervisor into getting a license for it.

IIRC,  AOFO is included with the base product in v12.0 and up

If I create a seperate job for Exchange backup without AOFO, I think it will create the same result and skip files in use. What do you think?

A flat file backup of Exchange will still not grab the Exchange database files, but will skip them because of AFE.  That is why you should exclude them from the selection list and run a separate Exchange Agent job.

Siddh
Level 4
1. Do not combine the file level and exchange backup in one. create the different backup job for both.
     a) You can use AOFO for file level backup backup do not include the exchange database, log file folders in the file level backup as it will not backed up any how if exchange is live.

2. backup exec is familiar with exchange job as it has separate license for installing agent for exchange. you can also use 60 days trial

3. if you are using exchange license for BE then it will automatically detect exchange stores and database in resources inside Ur exchange server.

4. you can not take exchange backup as file backup with AOFO.

5. also check with this option take the exchange NT backup and then select that .bak file in Ur selection list.

also dont know why ru taking non important profiles from document and settings....

if you have any queries please reply

puterijawa
Level 3
The best solution buy Exchange license :)

I agree what Siddh said;;; Go Siddh :)