cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup database SQL 2005 Running but STUCK

Moh_Johan_Rajab
Level 4

Dear All,

I have 10 database in SQL 2005, The name of my database Traffic1, Traffic2, Traffic3...Traffic10. Backup from SQL studio is normal and succesfull, but when i backup all database with BACKUP exec 2012 always stuck progress when backup database Traffic3 and rate 0.00 MB/min, but status is running.

it is more than 22 hours and stuck prosess, the size of database is 100 Mega

Please Help Me...

Thank's

10 REPLIES 10

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

During the backup do you see VDI related event id on SQL server during the backup

Thanks

Moh_Johan_Rajab
Level 4

what is VDI ?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Please check link below , SQL VDI is the interface used by backup exec to backup SQL databases. So please check if there are any related events on SQL server in System and application tab with Event id 1 showing errors for SQL vdi

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH59566

Thanks

Moh_Johan_Rajab
Level 4

During the backup i did't see VDI related event id on SQL server during the backup.

The backup stuck if process database Traffic3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

If there are no error then you would have to look for any other error during this time on SQL server , as there as to be something related, Also have the backup ever worked with BE 2012. Have you checked whether writers on SQL server before the backup are stable?

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...problems with VSS writers will fail a backup the minute they give hassles.

CraigV

...are you able to see if there are any pending alerts in the job?

Moh_Johan_Rajab
Level 4

yes, it is writers on SQL server is stable.

Moh_Johan_Rajab
Level 4

no ican't see

CraigV

...try running a backup of 1 DB at a time. It will be time consuming, but if 1 of the DBs is giving you the issue you're experiencing, you'll see which 1 it is and be able to take further action.