cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 10 backup to disk folder not appending.

ForceMan
Level 2
Hi,

I'm trying to use Be 10 for backup to disk and I have a few problems:

1, The backups are not appending, I have 10G files and 60 number of sets but it wont fill up the first 10G it just writes a first job into the file and create a new one? The append period is set to infinite in the media set with the overwrite protection is 3 days (i have tried 0 days).

2, It wont create 60 number of sets it stoppes after the 6-7th and waiting for the media to be loaded (wont create a new one).

The BE is updated to the latest also I have tried with different backup to disk folder settings (5G 120 set, 100G 6 set) no luck. I'm thinking to set up a different backup to disk folder for every day but this is not how it suppose to work. (I'm working BE in a last 2 years with different versions (11d, 12, 12.5)

Regards,
ForceMan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ForceMan
Level 2
That is weird, I have set up a backup to disk folder for the daily jobs and a backup to device for the weekly ones and it is working fine now..... :)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Same job or different jobs?

If different jobs, do they use the same media set?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

ForceMan
Level 2
Different job, same media set...

ForceMan
Level 2
That is weird, I have set up a backup to disk folder for the daily jobs and a backup to device for the weekly ones and it is working fine now..... :)