cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 12.5 - alert on elapsed time

Davide_Campari_
Level 2

Hi all,

I need to know when job last more than a certain time (i.e. 20 hours). Is there a way to create an alert for jobs last too much or to create a report with running jobs running for more thane a certain time?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I don't think there is a way to alert on this although in 12.5 you can modify the job/selection config to enable an auto cancel of the job based on how long it has been running.

You could perhaps use BEMCMD (command line tool) to check the jobs status and then script using some non-Backup Exec tools to send some form of alert - and then use Windows Scheduler to make the scripting task run a certain time after you know the job should have started.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I don't think there is a way to alert on this although in 12.5 you can modify the job/selection config to enable an auto cancel of the job based on how long it has been running.

You could perhaps use BEMCMD (command line tool) to check the jobs status and then script using some non-Backup Exec tools to send some form of alert - and then use Windows Scheduler to make the scripting task run a certain time after you know the job should have started.