cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 12 - Email Notification on Job Complete

Mike_Guthrie
Level 2
Good Afternoon

I am loking to setup our backup Exec Client to email Notifications to an email address once the job has

Completed
Failed
or produced any other errors

I have went into the Alerts and then the Notification Tasks > Configure e-mail and pagers.

Selected and Enabled SMTP Configuration

in the smtp mail server set the address of the mail client and also set the port at 25

set the sender name and yje senders email address

Ok'd that and went into the Configure Recipients and created a new contact for myself.

Enabled SMTP address, and entered my email address.

Now I have tried clicking test.....But the damn thing refuses to send a test.

I have also created a test job, and assigned a notification of a complete to the job, and set the recipient that I want to receive the mail......But Nothing.

I am now at my whits end.

I have tried replacing the Servers SMTP address with and IP address, and  also tried using user names and passwords to athenticate the login for the email

Still Nothing

Any Ideas???????????

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

chicojrman
Level 6

Try while on the backup server typing into a web browser localhost and logging in as administrator to open OWA and test the setting on this account. Also if your utilizing Exchange which I assume that you are go into "message tracking center" to view your message. Your firewall could be blocking the messages or a third party spam filter service?

Matt_Alexander
Level 5
If you're using Exchange, have you allowed your BE server access to the Exchange server? Take a look at this KB article if you haven't: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/316431.htm