cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 12 - Missed Backup up error e000e020

Mike_Guthrie
Level 2
Good Afternoon

We have recently moved to backup exec 12, and have been using it for around 2-3 months now.

All was fine untill the Daylight Savings event which happened in March 09 :( Since then we have had missed backups at weekends.

We have 2 scheduled tasks to run in Backup Exec

The first is a daily backup which runs Monday > Thursday - These backups areok and show in the History as being complete the odd errors with people leaving there email logged in etc, but mainly ok

The second is a Weekend backup which runs on a Saturaday when all the staff are out of the building. One of our sites has not had a weekend backup since the Time change.

The backup is set to run between 18:00 > 07:00 and is set to cancell if not complete within 10 Hours.

However the History of the job which was set to run on Saturday 25th April shows the following  

Original Start Time  25th April 2009   19:00:00
Job Started               25th April 2009    18:00:00

The error that apears for the fail is

Error  E00E020 -  the job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could end.

After reading some forums and posts, we restarted all the servers running backup exec after the Daylight Savings as we were aware there was a glitch in the service time VS the system time.

Backup Exec is running maily on dell PE 2900 servers, with Windows 2003 service Pack 1, Backup Exec is uptodate throu Live Update

Is there anything else I can try or anyone can suggest?

Cheers

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

Danny_Gee
Level 2
I am having the exact same problem running the exact same setup except we run PE 2850's.

Any help would be much appreciated.

chicojrman
Level 6
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/280002.htm

Danny_Gee
Level 2
Thanks Chico, but the problem isn't that the job fails after starting or can't start within the window. The problem is that when the job is scheduled for 7pm it trys to start at 6pm. If you set the window to not start before 7pm and the job tries to start at 6pm then its failing with the E00E020 error.

I'm looking for information as to how I can set it for a time and it actually starts at that time and not an hour earlier or later.