cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 12 exchange management toos for exchange 2000 and 2007

Addiss71
Level 2

am currently backing up exchange 2000 successfully( already installed exchange management tools for 2000) and added exchange 2007 server and tried to back up but it asking me to install exchange management tools for exchange 2007... can I install the management for 2007 on the same media server which I already installed the management tools for exchange 2000?

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I guess there is no Exchange Management tool for Exchange 2000 and 2003.

You will have to install the Exchange Management tool for 2007 on the media server

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You should be able to install both management tools on the media server.

Keep in mind that you need the same patch level for the Management Tools and your actual exchange installation. So if your Exchange is SP2 the mgmt tools also have to be service pack 2

Addiss71
Level 2

Just to be clear, I should be able to install exchange 2007 management tools on the same media server which exchange 2000 management tools already installed on and will not affect or break 2000?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

off course there is an exchange 2003 management tool

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I think it should be no problem, but do not try to manage exchange 2003 with the exchange 2007 tools and vice versa.

Normally the time you run with exchange 2000 and exchange 2007 will be limited, only during the transition fase.