cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2010 B2D problems

Nico_Swanepoel
Level 3
Partner

Hi all.  One of our clients have been upgraded to backup exec 2012.  The scheduled daily jobs runs to a Western digital sharespace NAS device, which are failing because the B2D folder goes into an offline state.  The bexec error reads: 

The disk is offline.

This is typically caused by the folder becoming inaccessible due to it being deleted, renamed, or unshared. It may also be caused by a disk full condition. The folder state has been set to offline. Please attend to this condition. Additional detail may be found in the Event Viewer - Application Log.

In the windows app log the following error appears: 

An error occurred while processing a D2B command.  Drive:  OpenPostMTF() (Createfile failed (\\ip address of nas\foldername\backupfile.bkf).  Error=64,

This NAS has more than enough space for the backups, 3 TB, so its not a space issue.  When I run bring the B2D folder back online, and run each job manually then it runs fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Your WD device is not in the HCL and hence it is not supported.  See the HCL below

BE 2012 HCL

You should test its functionality with

B2Dtest.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Was this a legacy B2D from before the upgrade, or a new B2D?

If it existed prior to the upgrade, check the 2 TNs below for further information:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO74274

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO74137

Thanks!

Nico_Swanepoel
Level 3
Partner

Hi Craig

No this is not a legacy folder.  I have tried to run the import legacy wizard but when I give it the existing drive location it tells me it already exist.  Only thing I notice is that under the details of the disk, its pointing to the disk in the following format:  \\ipaddress\folder.  Must I try to map a drive then recreate the b2d folder?

Thanks for your quick reply. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Your WD device is not in the HCL and hence it is not supported.  See the HCL below

BE 2012 HCL

You should test its functionality with

B2Dtest.exe

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

That would work, yes. Pity it doesn't do iSCSI as this would resolve your issue, but as pkh said, you need to run that b2dtest.exe to make sure it is supported.

The only other thing I can think of, and it's absolutely no guarantee it will work, is to integrate the NAS with Active Directory. This way you'd access the NAS which would be integrated into DNS etc. But this is still no guarantee it will work...

Nico_Swanepoel
Level 3
Partner

Will do the 2dtest later this afternoon, the backups which I have started manually is running to the Western Digital device.  Thanks