cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2010 R3 Credential fail

bkahn
Level 2

Hi everybody. i need a solution.

We have several Dell servers. in those server, using vSphere 4.0 and 6 virtural servers are working on vSphere 4.0

Thoes servers are using same Domain. the servers are under Active Drectory service.

I use a server of those servers to back up NAS(emc 5300)

I can see NAS on the list of Active directory of Domain of media list.   but i can't not login in NAS.

When i use serch on the start button. like this \\hptnas or \\10.42.44.245 , then i can go into the NAS. BUT with BE2010 ... I CAN'T NOT...

I created a user as member of admin user, administrator, backup operator, domain admin, domain user, domain controller, domain computer, enterprise admin.

I tried to access into NAS many time... but i couldn't go into... because of access is dinied. i also used administrator ID,PW of active directory service of the main server. 

I used all kind of account has top permisions. 

I think i should do something in NAS Admin page. or vSphere setup.. or etc

Do i have to setup someting in NAS(EMC 5300)? or vSphere 4.0? or just try something in Active Directory?? 

It is so .... complitcated...

If somebody knows about this. please help me. i will answer everything what you guys need to

thank you. 

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are backing up a NAS (via CIFS), then you would need to disable the NDMP protocol on the NAS device or change the NDMP port from 10000 to another port.

Additionally, you would require a Remote Agent for Windows license as well. Lastly, do enable selection of user shares from Tools - Options - Preferences.