cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2010 and backup exec system recovery

fadihu
Level 3
Hi,

where i can find comparison document between backup exec 2010 and backup exec system recovery?

thanks,
best regards,
7 REPLIES 7

Ajju
Level 4
Hi,

There is no comparsion document for BEWS and BESR.

Instead you need to explain the features of each products.

Features of BEWS :

• Market leading data protection for physical and virtual server environments from desktop to servers
  • Integrated and adaptable deduplication (using NetBackup PureDisk technology)

• Unified archiving (powered by Enterprise Vault)

• First-to-market granular recovery for virtual applications

• Patent-pending Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) recovers critical Microsoft application data in seconds

• Centralized 3-tier set-up, reporting and patch management

• Scalable heterogeneous support through remote Agents and Options.

• Continuous data protection for Exchange, file Servers, SQL servers and desktop data

• Innovative multi-product integration with market leading technologies

Key Features of BESR:

• Dissimilar Hardware Recovery with Restore Anyware Technology
  • Offsite Backup Copy to FTP location or secondary disk drive for enhanced disaster recovery capabilities
  • Seamless physical to virtual (P2V) and virtual to physical (V2P) conversions for VMware, Microsoft and Citrix virtual environments
BESR is similiar to Gost solution, but using this we can restore on disimiliar hardware and also can restore indiviuall files and folders.

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

BASIC DIFFERENCE:
Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) is a DISASTER RECOVERY SUITE, where as Backup Exec 2010 is a Regular Backup and restore software where in we backup our Databases, Exchange, DCs, File Servers...etc and would be able to restore individual items from the backups.

Hope this helps.....

sabeesh
Not applicable
Hi Guys,
i have a doubt regarding varitas netbackup.
We are having clearcase running in Linux platform.My qusetion is
1>Does Netbackup have the capability to take complete Linux OS backup ?
2>If  in case server crashes ,do i need to manually install linux  in server and then restores the data?
3>is there any alternate method?(bare Metal Restore)

Please suggest me.

Tovenaar
Level 3

System recovery CANNOT backup to tape. Back-up exec can.

fadihu
Level 3
i already use backup exec for my servers, but i want to have some backup system for the desktops and laptops, and i feel it is very costly to use backup exec for desktops and laptops so i thought in getting backup exec system recovery for desktops and laptops but couldn’t determine why it is very cheap, what main features are missing from.

does back exec system recovery for desktops, do incremental backup or only take full image each time? does it backup files why they are in use? Can it be deployed remotely?

thanks,

Tovenaar
Level 3

Why don't you download the trial and try some of the features you type?

fadihu
Level 3
if you dont wish to answer then there is no need to wise comments,
anyway, thanks for the rest of the guys who give their feedback