cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2010 can't backup exchange 2010 databases

nilis
Level 2
Hello,

All servers are server 2008 R2 with Exchange 2010.

I have 2 databases in the DAG and one database without a DAG on a third server. As remote user i used administrator. That worked on Backup exec 12.5 and also the files and active directory with backup exec 2010 works fine.
Backup exec 2010 finds the DAG on the selection list by the backup feature. I installed backup exec 2010 + exchange 2010 tools and the exchange agent on the backup server. On the e-mail servers i installed the windows server remote agent. In 12.5 you must install the exchange agent on the remote servers but in 2010 you can't because the option is only available under install Backup Exec.
When i want to backup de databases in de DAG i get the following error:

The Directory or file could not be found, or could not be accessed

When i want to backup the database on a single server i get the following error:

Backup 00020 -- The job failed with the following error: Backup Exec attempted to back up an Exchange database according to the job settings. The database was not found in the Database Availability Group (DAG), however. Update the selection list and run the job again.

Also when i check the individual Information store for this server backup exec 2010 says the Database is 0kb.

I installed on every server the remote agent. Also we have 2 frontend servers with only the CAS role. Also on these servers i installed the remote agent.

Server 1:  Database 1 + copy Database 2  (DAG1)
Server 2:  Database 2 + copy  Database 1  (DAG1)
Server 3:  Database 3

Please help me because i backup my systems now with backup exec system restore and i want to backup them with Backup exec 2010.
0 REPLIES 0