Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Backup exec 2012 SBE pre-requis

Moez_Mansouri
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hi ,

i have many question about BE SBE 2012;

1. does the BE Small Business Edition 2012 must be installed in only a Microsoft Small Business Server..???
  2. what is the benifits of using BE Small Business Edition 2012 in regards BE 2012
  3. with the base line licence of BE Small Business Edition 2012,how many servers can i backup
  4. wich licences do i need to backup if i have an Hyper-v running on microsoft SBS and have about 6 VM running on it with BE SBE ?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

does the BE Small Business Edition 2012 must be installed in only a Microsoft Small Business Server..???

No.

what is the benifits of using BE Small Business Edition 2012 in regards BE 2012

You save on licences as you will get licences for Exchange, SQL and so on.  See the document below on what licences you get

2012 Portfolio Licensing Guide

with the base line licence of BE Small Business Edition 2012,how many servers can i backup

One, but you can buy 2 more RAWS licences to backup 2 additional servers.

wich licences do i need to backup if i have an Hyper-v running on microsoft SBS and have about 6 VM running on it with BE SBE ?

None.  You get a Hyper-V licence with the SBE licence.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

does the BE Small Business Edition 2012 must be installed in only a Microsoft Small Business Server..???

No.

what is the benifits of using BE Small Business Edition 2012 in regards BE 2012

You save on licences as you will get licences for Exchange, SQL and so on.  See the document below on what licences you get

2012 Portfolio Licensing Guide

with the base line licence of BE Small Business Edition 2012,how many servers can i backup

One, but you can buy 2 more RAWS licences to backup 2 additional servers.

wich licences do i need to backup if i have an Hyper-v running on microsoft SBS and have about 6 VM running on it with BE SBE ?

None.  You get a Hyper-V licence with the SBE licence.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Moez,
    I would like to add more to the first point. Yes, as PKH said its true that BE Small Business Edition 2012 need not be installed in only a Microsoft Small Business Server. But there are some pre-requisites for this.

When you install Backup Exec SBE edition on a normal server you should have Hyper-V role installed on that server and there should be a virual machine with Small Business Server edition OS and this VM needs to be up and running during installation of Backup Exec on the Host server.

Regards,
-Sush...