cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2012 Share point agent restore failed

rupesh_naik45
Level 3

when i try to restore share point restore from tape or from disk at that time staggging is working fine but when the restore is in the running state at that time

backup exec agent service is getting stopped on the be server and restore is getting failed.

my be version is 2012

share point version is 2010

we tried below

run restore from tape and disk storage

try to repair be server as per symantec suggestion

restart all be service as well as be agent service

restart be server

Note -" resore is failed because of that be remote agent service is getting stope while srart the restore opration"

can any one help me for this.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...make sure that any AV installed isn't perhaps blocking the beremote.exe service and stopping it.

Also make sure that the media server is on the latest service pack for BE 2012 and any subsequent patches, and that these patches have been push-installed to your remote servers. Then try the restore again.

Lastly...make sure that your temporary staging area (usually C:\Temp) has enough free disk space to hold the SharePoint details while you are restoring. This is true if doing GRT-based backups to tape.

Thanks!

rupesh_naik45
Level 3

there is av exclusion on beserver .

for stagiing pepose we have provided near about 1 TB disk sapce.

be latest path sp4 is there

and i have said that service of " Backup exec Remote agent for windows " is getting stopped on be server service manager .only at the time of restore. backup service is going fine.

please suggest.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I would suggest logging a call with Symantec then and report back when they help you sort this out.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is there an event id 1000 logged against beremote.exe ?

Was your Sharepoint setup ever upgraded from a previous version ? What exactly are you restoring and where are you restoring to ?