Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Backup exec 2012 Tape library

Moez_Mansouri
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hi ,

old config (server with FC module + tape library with FC module)
new config (server without FC module + tape library with FC module)

i have this big problem, i have installed my BE 2012 in my new server and when i tryed to cable it with FC module to my tape library ,i didn't find a slot for this type of connection in my new server .

should i take an sso licence and give to my tape library an IP address and access to it from my LAN ?
thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

No...if you don't have an FC HBA in your server, you've got no way of accessing the tape library. The NIC on a tape library is solely for management purposes...ie, logging onto the web front-end. It cannot be used to backup across the network.

You either need to purchase a riser card for the backup server, or use the old server instead. This is a physical problem, not a BE problem.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

No...if you don't have an FC HBA in your server, you've got no way of accessing the tape library. The NIC on a tape library is solely for management purposes...ie, logging onto the web front-end. It cannot be used to backup across the network.

You either need to purchase a riser card for the backup server, or use the old server instead. This is a physical problem, not a BE problem.

Thanks!