cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2012 and Desktop /Laptop Option

SUMMU
Level 2

Somebody please tell What is the process of implemention DLO in Backup Exec. 2012. Is it like installing BE 2012 first and then start configuring DLO from inside BE 2012 console. 

or DLO comes as a seperate product and we don't have to purchase and install BE 2012 to Implement DLO.

Because the Desktop and laptop download is coming as a seperate link in symantec site. 

A detailed answer is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As previously advised, DLO 7 is a separate product and you don't need BE 2012 to run it.  However, if I am not mistaken DLO can only backup to fixed disk, so you would need either BE or NBU to backup the DLO backup data.

If you are upgrading from an earlier release of BE to BE 2012, you should upgrade your DLO to DLO 7 before upgrading to BE 2012 as there is no DLO in BE 2012.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Yes DLO comes as seprate product in BE 2012 so BE 2012 is different & you will see DLO 7 as different product which you can install seprately

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

DLO is a separate product now and needs to be installed separately as such.

Get hold of the BE 2012 Admin Guide after downloading the ISO which should tell you how to install and run it.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As previously advised, DLO 7 is a separate product and you don't need BE 2012 to run it.  However, if I am not mistaken DLO can only backup to fixed disk, so you would need either BE or NBU to backup the DLO backup data.

If you are upgrading from an earlier release of BE to BE 2012, you should upgrade your DLO to DLO 7 before upgrading to BE 2012 as there is no DLO in BE 2012.

DariusM
Level 3

Hi,

I have backup the "data folder" and keep BE_DLO database and ldf files, how can we still use the existing settings in the new SDLO 7 if the application of Symantec DLO7 is a separate system?

Thanks

Dave