cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2012 and Red Hat Cluster

Haytham_Helmy
Level 4

hello

we decided to deploy Backup exec software to backup an Oracle Database 11g R2 64 bit installed on a two nodes Red Hat Cluster ....

this is not an Oracle RAC... both Nodes has oracle installed on it... and the Red Hat cluster manages the failover of the database...

we have another two RedHat servers .. but the otehr two servers are stand alone servers with oracle databases installed on them...

and i have installed the RALUS on the four servers... as for the two stand alone servers .. there is no problem in backing up the databases or  the file systems ....

but ... for the Red Hat cluster.... there is some problems....

first.. the cluster has a virtual IP... and that IP corresponds to a FQDN for the Cluster... i have installed the RALUS on the active node using that FQDN corresponding to the Virtual IP .. and then i switched the cluster to the second node and then installed the RALUS on the second node using the same FQDN ... 

and everything is normal... i can backup and restore to the active node which has the Virtual IP and the FQDN corresponding to it... but...

when the cluster switches on... the Agent goes down.... and when it comes up it oppens a port using the physical IP of the server.. not the virtual IP of the cluster... so... the job fails....

how can i make the RALUS stick to the virtual IP of the cluster... not to the physical IP... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Unfortunately, RALUS is not cluster aware and would not be able to switch like a RAWS agent does. Haing said that it can backup an Oracle RAC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Unfortunately, RALUS is not cluster aware and would not be able to switch like a RAWS agent does. Haing said that it can backup an Oracle RAC

Haytham_Helmy
Level 4

thank you for your reply... because i realized that i have to do alot of stuff manually... tha RALUS is not gonna do these stuff because it is not cluster aware .. i thought that i could do something to make it manages the failover ...