Backup exec 2014 IMG folder

SysCo
Level 3

Hello,

I have 3 storages:

a) Tape drive

b) Nas Zyxel

c) Nas Synology

Since I upgraded to backup exec 2014 I found many folders called IMGxxx on the drives that I backup (not the storage, I'm talking about the source). How Can I avoid this ?

Thanks for your help

Yann

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
If you see IMG folders in your source, open them and what type of files are present inside ? Are these Backup Exec related ones ?

Secondly per the screenshot, these IMG folders which are present in your source are not similar to the ones created by Backup Exec atleast per their names. Backup Exec's IMG folders typically have names such as IMG00001, whereas you have folders named as IMG1

SysCo
Level 3

It must be backup exec files.

If I open IMG169 on my c drive I have a folder called vdb and that folder contains a file called file001.tmp

All folders have the same structure.

Thanks for your help

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...those folders are created when running B2D jobs. No way to avoid them being created, but did you just create a B2D location in the root of a drive?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6

EDIT**

Just checked internally, and you seem to be facing this issue - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH223760

Would recommend to log a formal support case for us to investigate this issue further.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

AFAIK, BE does not create .img folders at the source.  It only create them in the disk storage directories.

VJware
Level 6

There is a known issue with BE 2014 & the KB article is referenced above. And the screenshots which the OP has posted matches this issue.

SysCo
Level 3

@Craig : No it's a backup to disk to two different NAS.