cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Backup exec 2014 RESTORE Wizard crashes with SQL redirect

FNVBG-symantec
Level 3

Hi Al,

We have recently upgraded our BE2010 R3 to BE 2014 and so far we are verry happy with it! :D

But Today I had to copy one of our SQL database Production environment to the acceptation environment. When I want to restore a SQL database with redirection, the restore wizard crash....

The error message is:

An error with the Backup Exec administration console has occurred.  The administration console will close when you click OK. To restart the console, click the Backup Exec icon or click Start > All Programs > Symantec Backup Exec.

Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at BackupExec.UI.ViewModel.RestoreSolutionViewModel.get_SQLRedirectServerInstance()
   at BackupExec.UI.View.RestoreWizardWindow.RadioButtonSQLRedirectRestore_Checked(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.RadioButton.OnChecked(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton.OnIsCheckedChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetCurrentValueInternal(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

My question is:

-is there an option to turn the wizard off?

-could someone check if this works fine in your environment??

Redirection with file servers works fine. 

PS. I have already created a case

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You may be facing this known issue as outlined in http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH222371

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is the remote agent on the target server updated?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You may be facing this known issue as outlined in http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH222371

FNVBG-symantec
Level 3

@, CraigVof course the agent is updated.. otherwise I will get a message in de backup job log that the agent is not up to date.. the backups are fine.. 

@VJware, I will check it out thanks..

EDIT: the article which you gived me is exactly my problem.. the system logon account is still available and i'm on the phone right now with technical support.. hope they can help me with the workaround..

thank you VJWare!