cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec Incremental Problem

NGLBackup
Level 2

Hello my problem is full backup then I get incremental backup but it is getting full backup size.
I get full mail files and I use gsuite.

Full Backup Size : 220 Gb

Inc. Backup Size : 160 Gb

What could be the problem?backp.PNGbackup.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

We kind of need to know what is in your selection list

We don't directly support GSuite Mial system, as such if it stores it's data inside of some kind of database that is made up of a few large files then changes within e-mail will cause the whole of these large database files to be backed up and not just the changed e-mails because any change within the file is seen as a change to the whole file. Hence you cannot do incremental backups of that type of file.

We do support things lIke MS Exchange etc for incremental / log backups - but that is because Microsoft provide backup interfaces for such data that provide the functionality.

The fact that your byte count is different between full and incremental is showing that incremental is doing something so it is almost certainly down what files are changing (as a file change in the file system and not inside the files. )

bvc.PNG

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Why are you backing up the AOFO store that is do do with snapshots and does not need to be directky backed up

With regards you incremental, if  you are only selecting usre home folders than maybe somethin is touch a large file in on of the user folders daily

This might be an example of where it could be a good idea to turn on more detailed job log information so that you can see the list of file names that is backed up in more than one incremental job and then go and investigate the sizes of the files that are regularly backed up in the incremnetals/. WARNING: only leave the more detailed job log information enabled whilst you research this condition, once you have found the cause, set it back to the default level as it will create significantly larger job logs with the potential to then see performance and disk space issues.