cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec SBS 2012 correct instalation path?

RobRodrigues
Level 4

I wanna with this topic to figure out if my installation path of Backup exec SBS 2012 is correct regarding my servers sollution:

1º Servers Sollution all are 64 bits

2 Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition  Physical

1 Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition Physical

1 Server SBS 2011 Premium Vitual

1 Server Standard 2008 R2 Standard Virtual

The two Enterprise server are configured as a cluster for hyper-v failover clustering

The SBS 2011 has Exchange, File Server and Sharepoint inside

The Physical Standard has HP SIM Manager and Virtual Machine Manager

The Vitual Standard has the SQL Server wich manages all the databases at the organization.

2º Backup exec installation path

Backup exec server installed at the SBS 2011, and all the agents are at all the physical and virtual servers

My question is, that this installation is it correct or is anything wrong like for instance the BE server should be at another server that not the SBS.

Best Regards,

Roberto Rodrigues

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE should be installed on a physical server if possible...at all times. You're going to get better support, both from Symantec and from any hardware vendors. Put BE on the HP SIM server...the version of SQL that will be installed by HP SIM won't clash with BE either.

THanks!

RobRodrigues
Level 4

Ok CraigV i understand what you mean, but isn't BE SBE be installled on the SBS Server that's the rule for BE SBE 2010 because of the licensing issue....

Can someone confirm this?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I think you just answered your original question about where BE should be installed, so install it on the SBS server.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

For BE 2012, there is no requirement to have a SBE OS to install the BE SBE edition.  The restrictions are that you cannot add any Agent for Applications and Databases licences and you cannot add more than 2 remote agent licences.  The second restriction means that you can only protect at most 3 physical servers.

RobRodrigues
Level 4

So regarding the last comment from Pkh the best and correct installation is :

install at the physical 2008 Standard the BE server and install at the two hosts the agent and backup what is inside them the host resources and the Virtual resources, am i write wih these new thougt?