cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec agent don´t work after update on W2K3

DenisGa
Level 2

Hello community,

is that possible to use (install) an older version of remote agent for windows?

Mediaserver: BE 16 on Win 2012 R2 (full patched). Previously 2014

Remote Server: W2K3 and many other windows systes (2016, 2012, 2008)

Since an upgrade of the remote agent on W2K3 the service "backup exec remote agent" will not starts. If I try to start the service I recive following message: unable to obtain settings for remote agent publishing from the registry

I tried to remove this agent and install again.

->uninstall ok

-> pushinstallation (error message after 97%: creation of remote connection VxPushRA\RAWSX64\strpimon.exe "failed with error code 2147500035  ---> translation from german)

-> Install RAWS locally. Both versions (setup & setupaa will be installed successfully, but if I start the remote utility I receive an error message like in article 000036808 (Link) and the service  of "backup exec remote agent" started and then stopped. Windows Events show only that the service starts & then stopps without error :(

----- No anti-virus-software running on this remote server

Could You please help me =)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DenisGa
Level 2

I know Larry. I read the SCL. This wasn´t my question.

However I restored older agents (but still from BE16) on media server and delete the included files in the path (x:\programms\backup exec\Agents\RAWS32\Updates). You can restore this data to another path and then use the method of localy installation.

After the installation this solution/workarround works!

Regards Denis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Backup exec 16 does not support Windows Server 2003, even for the remote agent.

See the SCL at www.backupexec.com/compatibility

DenisGa
Level 2

I know Larry. I read the SCL. This wasn´t my question.

However I restored older agents (but still from BE16) on media server and delete the included files in the path (x:\programms\backup exec\Agents\RAWS32\Updates). You can restore this data to another path and then use the method of localy installation.

After the installation this solution/workarround works!

Regards Denis