cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec installation is not abel to connect ot SQL server

jd653687
Level 3

Try to instlall BackUp Exec on a Windows 2012 R2 machine.

There was already SQL 2012 x64 instlalled on that machine with the 2012 Native client.

I did the installation with the Express version that comes with Backup Exec 20. I seems that everything was installing just fine but ad the and it rolled back., but SQL 2014 was installed ok.

Tried the Custome installation and I selected "Use an existing instance" selected the database bkupexec and clicked next.
The an error pops u: "connot connect to remote Microsoft SQL Server with back-up exec services account .. do one of the following:

- Specify a new account for backup Exex services that has elivated access to remote SQL Server
- Grant permission to account ... to log on to remote SQL Server
- Install Microsoft SQL server 2012 Native client ion de local server if TLS 1.0 protocol is disabled on te remote or local server

I checked all above and that is all in place. When I open the MS SQL Manager I can connect and open de BKUpexec instance, so I don't know what is the problem here.

Server is local server NO domain controller
User for BUExec is in the Administrator group
All the 'Local Policies\User Rights Assignments" are set how BKExec the want them for a Back-up user.

Please assist. 

1 REPLY 1

amralok

I suggest you get a technical support case created for this issue so that it can handled in a better way. This requires removal of inactive SQL Instance using the GUID.