cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec job successful but cannot see in backup sets or run restore job

RH_IT
Level 2

Hello,

I wanted to restore the mail item this this when I’ve noticed that the backup set was unavailable from backup sets. I have checked the backup log for that day and job was completed successfully. I proceeded on checking other 3 jobs that that I have set up running daily and it seems that the only restore that is available is for the server that Backup Exec is installed on. Other two jobs were also successful but not available for restore. Any ideas what could cause this?

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Might not be in the catalog anymore. Run a Catalog job on your media, and then try the restore again.

Also ensure the date range is correct...

Thanks!

RH_IT
Level 2

Thanks Craig, I have run a test - attempted to restore an en email from last night’s backup tape and it has the same issue. Backup job was successful but yesterday’s backup set is not available in the selection set for  restoration. Date range  - 01/08/14 to 07/08/14.

CraigV

...are you using Advanced Open File Option? If so, turn it off for Exchange backups, and let BE use VSS properly.

Also, try duplicating to disk first, and then restoring from there.

Thanks!

RH_IT
Level 2

Thanks Craig, I think there is an issue with the Backup exec. I have check all the back up jobs that are ran last night  - all of them were successfull. I attemoted to run tes restore jobs for all of them and only one was successfull that is the servere that the Backup Exec is installed. I have ampted to restore files from other 3 different servers failed as no back up set was available evem though backups was successfull. I have check the backup sets on last night tape and only the server that the BackUp exec is installed has back up sets on it. My question then would be why Backup exec is reporting jobs as successfull but actually not backing it up? 

CraigV

...sorry I never responded. It should be reporting correctly. If it isn't, then make sure the media server is fully patched, and then if this doesn't work, maybe consider logging a call with Symantec directly.

Thanks!

pts242
Level 4

I have same issue.

When I am trying to backup to NAS (my storage is NAS), the backup jobs are running fine (so the backups are fine, also i can see the job history). But the issue is, I can not see any backup sets and restore files and folders. So I tried going to NAS storage location where my BE storage configured, there I can see the backup files with the .bkf extension. Can anyone please help me on this

Thank you,

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I think you both need to log formal support cases for us to investigate (or perhaps advise) further