cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec license

Faisshaikh
Level 3
Partner

I am buying BE 16 server. reseller tells me I need LEO option for tape drive. I have a Dell 114x dual tape unit. See's as two separate tape drives. So I believe support for this is inbuilt to serve lic and do not need the extra license. can you confirm.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Actually this is not true, LEO applies only for tape libraries with robot (autoloader), but Dell 114x is an external device with 2 distinct tape drives without an autoloader, so my opinion is that LEO is not needed. It is like 2 internal tape drives although externally connected and internal tape drives are included in the server license.

Josef

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No. The base license only entitles you to run 1 tape drive in your tape library. For each additional tape drive in the tape library, you need a LEO license

Actually this is not true, LEO applies only for tape libraries with robot (autoloader), but Dell 114x is an external device with 2 distinct tape drives without an autoloader, so my opinion is that LEO is not needed. It is like 2 internal tape drives although externally connected and internal tape drives are included in the server license.

Josef