The query for dataencryptionkey failed

The query for Resource failed

The query for Mediaserverpool failed

the query for ALert Failed

The query for recipient failed

The query for recipientgroup failed

The query for reportcategory failed

The query for report failed.

I rebooted the server, all services are running. Database is running also. I have a big exclamation point in the bottom of the screen, unable to do backups, need help. It states i am connected but unable to do anything without receiving an error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

backupboy44
Level 3

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions. I have now found the issue, it was a service not starting all of the way. Some how the logon accounts got messed up.   Ended up submitting a support ticket. Thanks again folks.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

backupboy44
Level 3

also this all happened after SP3 was installed....need help.

lmosla
Level 6

Run a repair through Programs and Features and try running repair on the Backup Exec DB  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH67239 

If neither of these resolve the issue, open a case with Symantec for this issue.

backupboy44
Level 3

Ok did the repair, from program and features and DB repair. Still same issue.

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Remove the SP3 from your server and try it.

Note:

befroe do this upgrade or SP installation take the image backup of server. It will help you, if your activiity has failed you will recover your previous setup frm backup.

- vicky

DNI_1
Level 3

Vicky,

FYI   - SP3 cannot be uninstalled.

DNI_1
Level 3

Check the Application logs at Event viewer and see if anything related to Backup Exec is found.

If you like to find a fix yourself, try running SymHelp utility of Symantec and check the report to find any common problems reported that you could solve.

SymHelp Utility: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204717

Incase you still need assistance, contact Symantec support with the .sdbz file generated so they could investigate further.

Thanks.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...please take the time to read the release notes of the SPs before posting...the latest versions do not have the uninstall option which is very clearly noted.

Thanks!

backupboy44
Level 3

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions. I have now found the issue, it was a service not starting all of the way. Some how the logon accounts got messed up.   Ended up submitting a support ticket. Thanks again folks.