cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec problems after Tape drive replace

squizie
Level 3

Hello,

we have Backup Exec v21.2 and needed to replace a tape drive. Backup Exec recognized the new drive and I can inventory the library. However, I can't do backups. Here I get the message that The storage has not been configured for the Backup Exec server.
I looked at the corresponding backup jobs and couldn't find anything there. However, if I cannot save the orders, I get the message below. Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

squizie
Level 3

Many Thanks.

I deleted and recreated the tape library partitions. I was then able to reconfigure the backup jobs without an error message.

Problem solved!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Is this a standalone setup ?
If yes, can you you try the steps from https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100016050#Disable_Renable_BE section "Disable, delete, and re-enable the device in Backup Exec" . Try 1 to 4 step and then restart BE services. See if it helps

Converting the error - 

the server could not complete the requested operation

A stage of duplicating backup sets must use a target device that is accessible by the same Backup Exec server as the device specified for the original backup set

squizie
Level 3

Many Thanks.

I deleted and recreated the tape library partitions. I was then able to reconfigure the backup jobs without an error message.

Problem solved!

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

that is nice ! It worked