cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec threatcon polling

FoSSiL
Level 2

We recently noticed in the firewall logs, that lots of our servers are trying to make a connection to the internet.

Now after futher inspection we found out it was "beserver.exe" proces that was causing the traffic.

This proces was used for threatcon polling, wich is weird because we where convinced that we turned it off.

Even edited the registry values to make sure that the constant polling would stop. But still no result.

Is there a different workaround for this problem or an other solution because i've hit a dead end so to seem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Have you followed the TN below?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154899

Otherwise have you tried to block those ports on the firewall to prevent traffic leaving your organisation?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

Have you followed the TN below?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154899

Otherwise have you tried to block those ports on the firewall to prevent traffic leaving your organisation?

Thanks!

FoSSiL
Level 2

Hi,

We only changed the registry, the hotfix we didn't install yet.

But the weird thing is before we did anything to fix it, some of our server tried to poll but others didn't.

And for the firewall, yes we blocked port 80 on all of our servers. But I am student doing an intership and it is my job to clean the firewall. So basically all traffic that is not harmfull or causing a threat to internal network must be resolved.

So I am going to suggest the hotfix to my boss, and if that fixes the problem I will let you know.

Anyways, thank for the fast reply.

FoSSiL
Level 2

Hey,

We installed the hotfix, it worked on all the server except for 2. 

But those are backup servers but thats not really an issue anymore.

Thanks for the help.

CraigV

Great, glad to have helped!

Thanks!