cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec

cjo
Level 2

Hi,

We have been using Backup exec 2010 R2 for last 5 years. we didn't do any upgrades yet, however now we want to upgrade our VCenter. Backup Exec 2010 support only till Vecenter v 4.1. we had veritas maintannce contract till 2014, so we can install backup exec 2012. will it help? also if we want to upgrade backup exec 2010, is there any upgrade version available or we have to carry on with fresh installation. plase assist

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Since your maintenance contract is only up till 2014, you have no current maintenance contract. Unless you have previous obtained the licence for BE 2012, you would not be able to upgrade to BE 2012, or any other version.

The current version of BE is BE 16. You need to check the SCL to see whether your intended version of vCentre is supported.

You also need to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 SP4 before you can upgrade to BE 16

I have contacted Veritas support and they conformed me that i can get version 2012 as it was released befor our maintenance contract expired. However, i just want to know whether i have to install it as a fresh installation or i can upgrade it from 2010.

apart from that can you tell me whether 2012 support the newest VCenter?

First of all - DONT use BE 2012, this product is a total pain in the a**!

It makes no sense at all because BE 2012 has no support for latest Windows & VMware plattforms.

So - go for a new license contract, do a migration of BE 2010 to BE 16 and stay happy :)

Thank you...