cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failed on Hyper v with error code:A0009644

vickyinstru2000
Level 4
Hello,
           I am getting this error " 0xa0009644 - One or more virtual machines have been excluded from the backup as the the virtual machine uses one or more physical disks. Use the Backup Exec Remote Agent on the virtual machine for backup and restore operations."

Prior to Updating the Media server to latest hotfixes everything was going fine but once i did the update this problem has occured and is only happening on the Exchange server.
I am backing up local drives on the exchange server.

Kindly help me figure out the solution.

Note: I am attaching image file of the selection for the backup.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi there....
   You can consider going through this technote " http://support.veritas.com/docs/319300 " which explains that the backups may fail with this error if you have the Pass through disk configured in Virtual Machine.

If that does not helps then show us the complete snapshot of the selection list (expanding the Initial Store tab also)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Did you consider pushing your RAWS agent out to the remote servers after updating your media server with that patch?

vickyinstru2000
Level 4

Yes i did that also..infact after that i even restarted the server but of no use.
Is there a solution to this.
Thanks for your prompt reply.

vickyinstru2000
Level 4

Can anyone please help me out in this issue.

Sush---
Level 6
Hi there....
   You can consider going through this technote " http://support.veritas.com/docs/319300 " which explains that the backups may fail with this error if you have the Pass through disk configured in Virtual Machine.

If that does not helps then show us the complete snapshot of the selection list (expanding the Initial Store tab also)

Sush---
Level 6
If this has resolved your issue then please mark it as Solution

vickyinstru2000
Level 4

Thanks Sush..for your update.