cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failing due to e000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered

ramkr2020
Level 5

Hi  All,

Our server OS needs to be reinstalled due to some serious issues, but unfortunately full backup is failing with error e000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered, whereas incremental backup getting completed with exceptions.. Need this to be sorted out. Any help appreciated. Job logs attached for your reference. 

change the attachment extn from.txt to .mht. 

10 REPLIES 10

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Advanced Open File Option used : No

Enable AOFO from the backup job properties and retry the backup.

EDIT

You can also follow the workaround mentioned in this article if you do not wish to use AOFO

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH90739

ramkr2020
Level 5

Advanced open file option used is set to NO: and changed the backup selections but still its giving same error. Not sure what exactly causing this backup to fail. 

Attached the screenshot for your reference. Server is up an running with few hdd critical errors, so need the backup for this server. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

To solve your corrupt file problem, you need to turn ON AOF.  You should not turn off AOF.

ramkr2020
Level 5

Sorry for the delay in reply, Using backup exec 11d, found AOF is not available in Bakup exec 11 d. Is it correct?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I can't remember whether AOFO is a paid option in BE 11d.  It comes free with newer versions of BE.

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

you would require a AOFO license in 11d to enable that option. If you upgrade to any version after that (12.0 onwards) the option is included in the base license

EDIT 

Did you follow this WA ?

If AOFO is not used then, following are the workarounds to avoid the error:
  1. Open the Job properties under Advanced and select "never" radio button.
  2. Close the respective files during backup.

ramkr2020
Level 5

Jobs are created based on policy, i cant find the option in job properties - advanced - never. 

Sym-cr
Level 5

Hi Ramkr,

Hope the attached screenshot helps you to some extent:

And if you know what you are looking for, it is easy to find it in Backup Exec.

ramkr2020
Level 5

no i couldn't find that option. i think its because i have created the backup jobs using policy, iam getting edit policy, edit template options. 

Sym-cr
Level 5

Attached is the screenshot for the policy based job and the "Never" option under Advanced option.

Double click the policy-> Choose the job from the list of jobs mentioned in the next window which appears->  

edit the concerned template-> Under Settings choose Advanced option and select the "Never" radio button.