cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup fails with broken link in error status message

Ken_Grunstra
Level 3
I am trying to run a full backup-to-disk of the media server. The job fails with the following error message:

Error category : Resource ErrorsError : e0000f07 - This operation is not supported by all of the resources in the selection list.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3847

When I click on the V-79-57344-3847 link, I get a web page that says, "No documents matched your search".
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Are you using the AOFO or policy based backups option during the backup? If yes, ensure that you have these options installed.

Try to recreate the job and reverify the configuration. Revert with details if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Ken_Grunstra
Level 3
It is a policy-based backup. AOFO is NOT selected. Advanced Disk-based Backup is NOT selected. I recreated the job and received the same status message. I also get these error messages:

Backup- BACKUPSV01\BKUPEXEC This resource will be backed up without collecting additional information for synthetic backup. The option is not supported by this resource type.

Backup- \\BACKUPSV01\This resource will be backed up without collecting additional information for synthetic backup. The option is not supported by this resource type.

Backup- Shadow?Copy?Components Shadow?Copy?ComponentsThis resource will be backed up without collecting additional information for synthetic backup. The option is not supported by this resource type.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi Ken,

To be able to run Synthetic backups, please ensure that the option "Collect additional information for synthetic backup." is selected in the General options of a backup. Also, note that the Synthetic backups can only backup the files and that backups of the system State are not possible. Please refer to the following Document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/277397

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.