cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failure Backup Exec 2014

Stephen_Keating
Level 4

Hello

I am trying to do a backup of SQL 2014 running on a Windows 2012R2 server, using Backup Exec 2014. I have created a domain level account to do the backups, and added it to the databases with the permission to Connect. I am getting the following error: "V-79-57344-65085 There is a problem running the DBCC The server principal "domainname\accountname" is not able to access the database "tew_app_macro" under the current security context". This error repeates for all the databases. what do I need to do inorder to do the backups using the account I have created? Is there another permission I need to grant the account name in SQL? If I run a test in Backup Exec, with the account name, everything passes.

Thank you for your time

Stephen Keating

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

See if this link helps: 

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100001916.html#SQL_Agent

About logon rights required to protect Microsoft SQL data: 

Backup Exec requires the following rights to protect SQL data: 

The account used to protect Microsoft SQL data should have Administrator rights on the SQL server as well as the SQL databases. This is necessary specifically for SQL database restore procedures, where the SQL services or cluster groups may need to be controlled as part of the restore operation.

View solution in original post

One additional problem. I am getting an error that the account I created to do the backups cannot perform the database consistency check. What are the steps in giving the account theis permission? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

See if this link helps: 

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100001916.html#SQL_Agent

About logon rights required to protect Microsoft SQL data: 

Backup Exec requires the following rights to protect SQL data: 

The account used to protect Microsoft SQL data should have Administrator rights on the SQL server as well as the SQL databases. This is necessary specifically for SQL database restore procedures, where the SQL services or cluster groups may need to be controlled as part of the restore operation.

Thanks for the info. Now just to be sure I understand, what i need to do is create and account, say "Dave" which will have administrator rights on the server the SQL databases are on, and it must also have admin rights to the databases themselves, in order to do the backups?

One additional problem. I am getting an error that the account I created to do the backups cannot perform the database consistency check. What are the steps in giving the account theis permission?