cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup finished with exceptions.

Kimlynusa
Level 3
Please help as I'm learning (new hire) the BEWS 12.5 that the company has installed on the main server and this warning doesn't make sense as it now occurs after applying an update that had been pending since June/July. Now I can't find what the update was as I have cleared the alerts and I'm not sure where to look for it now. This is the exception I get:

Backup- norpro-sql.Norpro.LocalV-79-57344-34080 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) for Windows Server 2000 only.

Snapshot provider error (0xE0008520): Device could not be snapped because it contains an active cache file.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Backup- \\norpro-sql.Norpro.Local\C: Unable to open the item \\norpro-sql.Norpro.Local\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\config\interchk.chk - skipped.

The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered:

1 files were skipped.
A snapshot operation required by this job was unsuccessful. Check the job log and the Windows Event Viewer for additional information.

Note: The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option. However, files were skipped during backup processing. Please ensure that the Media Server NPSERV1 is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers that are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option.

I can't find anything in the windows event viewer regarding this issue. Don't think it has anything to do with the license as it wasn't an issue before. I found it is licensed for AOFO and the only update applied is SP2. How do I get to finish without exceptions/errors
Thanks for your help...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Kim,

For the Snapshot error, read up here:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273392.htm

If that server is a remote agent, you can exclude the *.chk file if the above doesn't work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If the file is active, AOFO will wait for a certain period before it timed out on that file and skip the file.  Some files are permanently locked by some process.  To correct the situation, you either increase the AOFO time-out period or skip that file in your selection list.

If this answers your question, please mark this as the solution

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Kim,

For the Snapshot error, read up here:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273392.htm

If that server is a remote agent, you can exclude the *.chk file if the above doesn't work.