cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup hang on Shadow Copy Components

Raven
Level 3
Hi, I have a strange problem, and don't know where to start looking. After upgrading to v12 some of my backup jobs just hangs on Shadow Copy Components, and neither this or System State is backed up.
The jobs hang there forever, and can't even be cancelled. The connection between the media server and agent are still there, and there is no messages in any logs as I can see.
All failing servers is Windows 2003 SP2 (including the media server), but not all servers with this system is failing.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the agent, recreating the selection lists and jobs with no effect.

(BTW! If I select only Shadow Copy Components, or only System state, or only one of the drives the backup jobs runs fine.. :| but of course we don't want that.. )

Clue anyone? :)

Message Edited by Raven on 06-04-2008 05:58 AM
4 REPLIES 4

Raven
Level 3
Additional : I've figured out that this occure only when the C drive and Shadow Copy Components are somehow together in a backup (any other combination of D or System State are ok). No ideas?

Ola_Olsson
Level 2
I'm also having the exact same problem.

Any answers??

jinouye
Level 2

I am also having a simliar problem in 10d.  I'll also get end of media errors, but I believe that to be something else.  Typically, we have to kill the service, or sometimes even reboot the server to eject the tape and get the job cancelled.  I have done a -debug on the remote agent service on the culprit if that would help in resolving this issue.

Jeff

Raven
Level 3
Hi,

We opened a support case on this issue, but after a couple of months this is still unresolved.
However, it seems like this error is not present in version 12.5, so I suggest you all upgrade.
(We have just upgraded, but no errors so far..)