cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup issues

mwatson536
Level 3

We are seeing some very strange issues when we try to back up our file server.  The server is a VM on VMware ESXi 5.5.0 it is a windows 2008R2 Ent.  I can backup the C drive and systems state but when I try to backup the G drive I get the following errors:

Error: Final Error 0xe000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered which points to v-79-57344-65078 which pointed to the VSS.  Now the drive was almost full at 1.25TB free of a 5.99TB drive.  I added another blank drive with 1TB space and pointed all VSS to use that drive trying to rule out the VSS running out of space.  This has not worked but did work on another file server we have with roughly the same drive specs.  This job usally fails around 2gb to 148gb fo data backed up.

I have tried to backup with out using VSS by disableing it on the file server and the job gets further but ends in a error nectwork connection dropped.

Error: Final error 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the backup exec remote agent has been lost.

Usally about 500gb into the job.

I have tried to use the VSS and just backup one folder on the said drive which is 230GB and I get the following error.

Error: Final error 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found or could not be accessed with a bunch of V-79-57344-65033 errors Directory not found.

I have locked files set to backup with lock AOFO is off and I can browse to said folder and or file from the backup server via the network.

So mutiple issues here I am not trying to back up just the one folder with VSS turned off to see if I can get just one folder off the drive to work.  We have run chkdsk on the drive and fixed any errors it found.

Thoughts?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

lmosla
Level 6

hi,

verify that any antivirus scan has the Backup Exec processes excluded from the scan,

at the command promt run vssadmin list writers to check for failing writers and if there are any rebooting the server usually clears them up

make sure all the patches are installed on the Backup Exec server and that the remote servers are at the same level by pushing out the remote agent

try recreating and rerunning the job 

mwatson536
Level 3

Av is checked and done, writers show no errors when checked after backup fails, will update to SP4 on everything, and I have recreated the job.

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If the disk is GPT, then GRT is not supported and you have to turn off GRT in your job. Also if you disk is a physical compatibility mode RDM disk, then it is not supported

Jarzamendia
Level 4

Hi,

We have the same issue with BE2014(Updated) and Windows Server 2012R2 in file servers and midia servers. Exactly the same case. We fix it downgrade to 2008R2 all the midia servers.

Anyone know other ways?

mwatson536
Level 3

Just updated server and client to 2012 SP4 and testing will look at GRT thought I turned it off and will check RDM drive.

Thanks