cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup job asking for overwritable media

Jeff_Annis
Level 2
After getting 0xa0008115 errors, I disabled and deleted the device and restarted the service. The devices were recognized fine, but now when I try to run a backup it eventually goes to queued and gives the alert, "please insert overwritable media". I am using the same media as before, but is shows up in the offline media and the tapes all have a new default media label listed under slots. I didinventory the media also. It says they are not appendable, but overwritable. I am not sure what to do or in what slot to insert new media into if this is what is needed. I am running Windows 2000, a Dell Powervault 122T with 7 tapes and 1 cleaning tape.
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

You can insert the media into scratch media set and then run the job. Refer to the following technote which will help in this regard:

When performing a backup operation, the alert: "Please insert overwriteable media into the changer using the slot import command" is generated.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/230608

Revert if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Jeff_Annis
Level 2
I figured out the problem. I had a corrupt database that was preventing proper operation. Once the database was deleted and a new one created everything began working fine.