Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup job deletes folder

sympanse
Level 3

Hello,

I got following backup job:
\\server01\B:\BW\logbackup\*.* /ACESSDAYS:01

The logbackup folder contains log files which are usually written every 30 min. I got this job especially to delete logs which are older than 1 day.
Sometimes the complete folder ('logbackup') is deleted, so the log files can't be written anymore and everything gets a little messy.

What can I do to prevent arcserv to delete the folder?
Just wanna clean up log files > 1 day old.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
It probably deletes the folder if all the files in it meet the ACCESSDAYS:01 filter

I's suggest putting a text file in the folder but give it a really odd extension and add an exclude filter to your backup jobs that specifically excludes backing up (and therefore archiving/deleting) that single file by it's name/extension.

BTW I hope you mentioned Arcserv in your questiion by accident as if you didn't you might need to go and look at someone elses's website for help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Which log files you are tryign to backup ? I mean for which application the log files belong too?

sympanse
Level 3

SAP Business Warehouse

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
It probably deletes the folder if all the files in it meet the ACCESSDAYS:01 filter

I's suggest putting a text file in the folder but give it a really odd extension and add an exclude filter to your backup jobs that specifically excludes backing up (and therefore archiving/deleting) that single file by it's name/extension.

BTW I hope you mentioned Arcserv in your questiion by accident as if you didn't you might need to go and look at someone elses's website for help.

sympanse
Level 3
oh f***!
Got totally confused. Arcserve was the solution we had before.
Well, this shows that we improved our backup solution. ;)

Capital idea with the odd extension.
Here's my additional setup after I created fakefile.fkf:
\\server01\B:\BW\logbackup\*.fkf /EXCLUDE

Will take some time before I can give feedback.

sympanse
Level 3
Works!
Today I had an empty folder only with the fake file in it.