cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup job fails with error e0008488

AS902
Level 4

My backups fails with error : e0008488 on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit machines. Though it says it failed, In the job log I dont find that any files has been skipped. All I have in my selection list is System state and Shadow copy components. Ideally it is a Active directory backup with GRT enabled. It had been working fine untill last Tuesday.

In the job log I see that the error comes only for the system state. But I see that it did backup system state.

Do I have to uncheck Back up files and directories by following junction points ? Or what happens If I uncheck this ? But then I found this article too..

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH56722

1 REPLY 1

mohammed_rafi
Not applicable
Employee

Can you please provide the complete error message? Or maybe a snapshot of the job log with error.

- Run the command "vssadmin list writers" on the active directory server and verify if the writers are stable.If the writers are stable continue with the next setps.If any writers are listed as "failed or waiting for completion" try rebooting the server and then check the status again.

- If possible please try to run the backup with GRT disabled and check if it completes successfully.

- If the job completes successfully,Enable detailed job logging and then run the job with GRT enabled.(This will give us more information where the job is exactly failing) To enable detailed job log,select Tools---options---job logs and select Summary information, Directories and files processed.

- Unchecking Junction points would not make any difference.

Thanks,

Rafi