cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup modifed date on one of 4 servers in a job.

Blogo
Level 2
Using BackupExec 11.d, I backup 4 servers using one simple backup job (full backup). All has been working well except its taking a long time to backup (lots o’ data. About 300gb). One of these servers is a file server. I want to change its backup to backup only files that have been modified in the past 2 weeks. (Note that this will be done 4 days a week and on the 5th day, all data will be backed up regardless of the modified date.)

I know I’ll have to create 2 backup jobs (1 for the 4 days and the other for the 1 day). However I am stumped on my 4 day backup. How can I configure a backup job to backup all data on all servers except the files server which will only backup the 2 week modified files? All the modified settings I am seeing seem to apply to all the servers.
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You'll need three backup jobs with two selection lists

Your current job (edit the selection list in text mode to remove the fourth server)

Your fourth server (two week working set)

Your fourth server full

Blogo
Level 2

That's what I was afraid of. Is there a way for one job to be triggered after another job is completed? This would be so I wouldn't have to "guess" when one job is finished so I can schedule the other job accrodingly.

Note: We are using DLT's.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You can use policies to kick off one job when another finishes.  See the Admin Guide

or you could call a BEMCMD job that released the second as a POST job from the first, if you want to be really old school  Smiley Very Happy