cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup multiple VMs on ESX never finish

cre8
Level 3

We are backing up several VM Guest (FreeBSD), thus no agents are installed. Looking at the job log all the server complete backup, but the job will run on for hours and never finish/complete; forceing me to cancle the job.
6 REPLIES 6

cre8
Level 3
Correction, even when I cancel the job, it never cancels. The only way to stop the job is to restart the Backup Engine on the server, which is great becuase I have to stop all other running jobs.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you updated with the latest patches available for BEWS 2010?

cre8
Level 3
I run Live Update every day. Are there patches lurking somewhere else?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Best way would be to check your installed updates in BEWS and compare to what is out there.
Is there no prompt waiting for input, which would cause the job to run for longer?

cre8
Level 3
No prompts.
This morning:
-I have 1 ESX job still canceling.
-1 ESX Job w/ multiple VMs finished (YAY!)
-Exchange backup hung backing up utility partition. Canceling never cancels this one either.  (have I have backed this server up sucessfully)

I can see in task manager BEengine.exe pegging one core at 100%. (8-total cores)

panyor
Level 3
Hi im new to Vmware ESX but i notice that there is a snapshot feature, what if you can just backup the snapshot from the datastore directly  rather than running the BE agent  on every VM's. i havent try this but just wondering.

Cheers