cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup network backup oracle RAC

Rafausk
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

I have on the environment BackupeExec R3 2010, updated in the environment, the licenses are activated.

I have configured two servers in my environment on Linux Oracle RAC, the agent is already configured and the production network can perform the backup. When I set up to run the backup network, gives error, it's like you can not access the client, but I have done the test and network is working, configured to back up files and works correctly for network backup. Could anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rafausk
Level 3

In the Linux agent settings, instead of using the name servers directly put the IP network backup I wanted to use. After doing that, I solved the problem. Thank you for your attention.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Post the error message from the Jog Log (RMAN log).

Post the version of Oracle and Linux.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Note that Oracle 11g R2 is not supported on the Linux platform.  See the SCL below

BE 2010|2010 R2|2010 R3 Software (SCL)

Rafausk
Level 3

Hello guys,

following the error log:

Job ended: Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 12:25:29 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0000f02 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet. Try an alternative network interface, or allow Backup Exec to choose any available network interface. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3842

Backup- RAC-tasy-952297054
The Media Server was unable to connect to remote machine RAC-tasy-952297054 using subnet 172.20.30.0...

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to below articles

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH37569

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153192

Rafausk
Level 3

In the Linux agent settings, instead of using the name servers directly put the IP network backup I wanted to use. After doing that, I solved the problem. Thank you for your attention.