Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of NAS BOX

PraWns
Level 4

Hi.

I want to backup NAS box - Dell Power vault NX3200 

please assist what all license i would require to take the backup of NAS box to server?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes.  At least 1 BE server license is always required and other license/options may depend upon your environment.

If your environment has ONLY a NAS box and a Windows server, then you are right in terms of licenses required.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6

If the NAS is capable of NDMP, then for a NDMP-style backup, the NDMP option is required.

Else, if not, then you can backup the shares on the NAS using CIFS and this requires a remote agent license.

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

You can also refer to the Backup Exec 2014 licensing guide for more information:

http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/enterprise/other_resources/b-backup-exec-2014-licensing-guide-...

PraWns
Level 4

so as i understand if NAS box has NDMP need to provide 1 NDMP Option + 1 BE base Server License.

and if NAS box does not have NDMP 1 BE Base server + 1 Agent for Windows.

so that i can backup them on to dedicated server.

please rectify

Thanks

VJware
Level 6

Yes.  At least 1 BE server license is always required and other license/options may depend upon your environment.

If your environment has ONLY a NAS box and a Windows server, then you are right in terms of licenses required.

PraWns
Level 4

thankyou VJware and Laurie