cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of Netapp server

Shaun
Level 3
I am trying to backup a netapp server using v10d. I have followed the documents suggested in other posts (270396) but I am still getting "access denied" when I try and browse to the server to set the job. The BE account has full access to the netapp server so I have no idea why it will not get through. Anybody any ideas?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Just for grins, logon to the media server as the service account and verify that you can map shares on the NetApp filer

Shaun
Level 3
I can not log in to the media server as the service account as this has been stopped from logging as a terminal session, but I have logged in as an admin account and used the service account to map a drive to the netapp filer so it is not this.

Shaun
Level 3
I have no tried several ways to back up this server with no success. I have tried going through remote selections but get "access denied". I have set up a user defined selection but again get "access denied" when I test this. I have now manually set up a share on the media centre to one of the drives on the netapp server but I can see how I can back up a mapped drive from Backupexec is this possible?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You should be able to setup a "User Defined Share" within BackupExec

Do you have a user defined on the NetApp system with the same userid/password as the BackupExec service account?

Shaun
Level 3
Got it sorted now thanks, although I asked if the netapp server had ndmp turned off (I dont administer this server) and was told it was, it didnt. Turned ndmp off and hey presto I can now set up user defined shares to the server.

Thanks for the help.